Tuesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 1/31/11 6:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Moring PA:

Anxious,  Stressed,  Frazzled,  Overwhelmed!!!!!

Drive safely....

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 1/31/11 7:16 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Ida,
I hope the stress of today does not get you down.  If you need to talk, you can PM me at [email protected].

Today has me dreading walking Utley if it is icy outside.  I took him to daycamp yesterday because he has cabin fever.  My car needed some repairs as well, so my day was expensive yesterday.

Today has me cleaning out my fridge, packing up some meats I bought to put in the freezer, and putting away all the groceries I bought last night.  I was out of everything I needed to follow my diet. 

I am going to need metal cleats to walk Utley I think today and tomorrow.  My poor daughter-in-law is in Florida, trying to fly to Chicago, which I think is closed to incoming and outgoing flights.

Stay safe today everyone.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

steffihope
on 1/31/11 7:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Ida, I think it is an epidemic......Those are MY words right now.....OY!!!!  Mother Nature did NOT do what I needed though - I have to go to work on time.....so, instead of getting up and doing my normal routine - here I am at 6:25 AM - should make my morning sooooo much easier.......Yeah right....

Anyway - I am about to go get dressed, get Emily up, Molly and Josh do this allllll by themselves....another joyous bonus of teenagerdom.....Headed into school to give my students some more busy work as I have to finish the grades that I was supposed to finish last Thursday, then Saturday, then yesterday and have been given ANOTHER repreive....I have til midnight to finish them now.  I am 2/3 done, (I was going to say 66.67% done - but I was sure someone would have a math geek joke inserted - and we all know how much I hate.....well, not hate so much.....crave, love, live for.....math geek jokes....)  Supposed to be teaching at the synagogue tonight and really have no desire to do so.  I am hopeful that the weather forecast gets worse and gives me some much needed time off from that.  We shall see.  That is it. 

Hope your Tuesday is, well, status quo at the least! :)
Lisa H.
on 1/31/11 8:18 pm - Whitehall, PA
math jokes? Us? never...

get your damn grades done. 

Siehara got her report card yesterday.  All A's and B's and 1 C+  She said the C was the only thing to keep her off honor roll.  Now she has something to strive for.   And no, the C was not in Math.. Science. She got a B+ in Math. 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 1/31/11 9:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Yeah yeah yeah....about those grades......(As you might have seen on my fb page yesterday - not like I have had two months to get it done and NOW it is an emergency! :))

Siehara's grades are awesome!  You must be sooooo proud! :)  And I love me a B+ in math! :)  Good girl! :)
bvohl
on 1/31/11 7:37 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA,

Staying home today....not feeling well. Going to the dr and Dee has a day off anyway. A day of rest and fluids will be on the agenda today. 

Have a great day!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 1/31/11 8:12 pm - Whitehall, PA
hope you get to feeling better soon, Beth.

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 1/31/11 7:50 pm - Lancaster, PA
Ida I am seeing a recurring theme here. What can we do for you?  :) 

Had an interesting drive in this morning ice one moment then rain, then freezing fog covering the window. I am not sure what the day will hold weather wise but I do know today I started my Biggest loser competition so NO SNOW MUNCHING for me.

Ever since I moved to PA and was aquainted with snow days it has been a trigger to go to the store get lots of bad food and sit around pig out.

I hope you all have a safe day. beth hope you feel better.

Ida hope things calm down
Lisa H.
on 1/31/11 8:01 pm - Whitehall, PA
Ida.. you've had a few rough days.  I hope things get better soon.  We are here for you if you need to vent.

Today has me working and thanking my lucky stars that I don't have to go out in this mess. 

School is closed so that means Siehara will be here all day.  There WILL be chores on her agenda today.  There's a basket of clean clothes that has been waiting to be folded for at least 3 days.  They are all hers and she WILL do them today.  Speaking of clothes, we both have full laundry baskets of dirty clothes, as well.  Guess there will be laundry done today. 

Making parmesan chicken fingers for dinner and I'm assuming we'll be home the rest of the day.  She should have therapy tonight, but I'm sure it will be cancelled b/c of weather.  I'm also sure classes at the gym will be cancelled tonight and even if they are not, unless there is some miracle and the roads are magically dry by then, I'll be staying put.

Please stay in if you don't have to go out.. it's not pretty at all out there.

My tracker

hers 

Sara E.
on 1/31/11 8:34 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA

Good morning Ida,
I feel just like you today.  But on a more upbeat note my son asked a girl out for the first time to a school dance Feb 25.  He asked me to call her Mom to ask permission in case she wasn't allowed to go with a date to the dance.  He told the Mom he didn't want to hurt her feelings if she wasn't allowed.  The Mom was touched he was so thoughtful and said she was allowed.  He then spoke with the girl...it was so sweet (yes I was eavesdropping)  The girl told him maybe and to call back Thursday because she doesn't want to go to the dance at all.  He said maybe they could go to the dance with her friends and if she isn't having fun they could go to a movie.  Her Mom then called me back and said it was the first time she was asked out and she was shocked a boy wanted to go out with her.    I don't see why...she is really pretty, nice and smart.  I really like her, she has my ok :)   She asked if my son was ok and not too crushed her daughter told him maybe and not yes as he had hoped.  I told her his is looking forward to calling her again on Thursday and gave her other dance/movie options.  She seemed very impressed that he showed so much concern for her daughters feelings.  I hope she doesn't break his heart too badly.  He really likes her and is walking on sunshine for asking her out.  I haven't seen him this happy in a long time.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Sara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views